COLI /TOLI: A Smarter Strategy for Financing the Expense of Employee Benefits
Corporate Owned Life Insurance (COLI) or Trust Owned Life Insurance (TOLI) can reduce taxes on invested assets, increasing returns and shareholder value:
- Short term: COLI TOLI programs typically target hedging P&L volatility and track benefit plan balance sheet liabilities.
- Long term: COLI TOLI can increase benefit security and recoup overall plan costs, delivering greater value for plan sponsors.
COLI /TOLI receives favorable accounting and P&L treatment, relative to taxable investments.
Income tax advantages make COLI/TOLI highly attractive to most companies, by delivering:
- Tax-deferred cash value growth.
- Tax-free fund reallocations within the policy.
- Tax-free receipt of death proceeds.
- Unique cash flow flexibility, created by the opportunity to access COLI/TOLI cash values via tax-free loans and withdrawals.
“COLI” Corporate-Owned Life Insurance and “TOLI” Trust-Owned Life Insurance
Find out how a COLI TOLI financed employee benefits plan could change your company’s financial future.
Contact Fulcrum Partners. www.fulcrumpartnersllc.com/team/