Here are key January Deadlines for 2020:
|(passed)||January 15||Post Schedule MB attachment from the 2018 Form 5500 (defined benefit pension plan actuarial information) on company intranet, assuming Form 5500 was filed by October 15 2019|
|(passed)||January 15||Fund Quarter 4 2019 contribution to defined benefit pension plan
|January 31||Report value of health coverage on Form W-2|
|January 31||Confirm retirement plan recordkeepers have provided Forms 1099 R to participants who received distributions in 2019|
|January 31||File Form 945 to report income tax withheld from retirement plan distributions during 2019|
Other January Projects:
- Schedule quarterly meetings of Benefits Committee through December 31
- Review first payroll file to confirm new deductions have been accurately loaded into internal systems (g. 401(k) deferrals and health and welfare plan premiums and deductions) and review payroll configuration to confirm it conforms to retirement plan definition of pay
- Confirm contracts for all benefit providers have been signed, including insurance policies, administrative service agreements, and HIPAA business associate agreements
- Update company intranet with new benefit plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summaries of Material Modifications, policies, and forms
- Provide information in response to annual compliance questionnaires or other requests for information from retirement plan recordkeepers
- Continue tracking data to satisfy ACA reporting obligations for 2020 (which will be due in 2021) regarding offers of coverage to FTEs and provision of minimum essential coverage
- Work with retirement plan recordkeepers to perform nondiscrimination testing, including 410(b) minimum coverage testing, 402(g) limit testing, 401(k) and 401(m) ADP/ACP testing, 415 limit testing, 414(s) compensation testing, and top-heavy testing for 2019 plan year
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, accounting, legal or tax advice. Any tax advice contained herein is of a general nature. You should seek specific advice from your tax professional before pursuing any idea contemplated herein.
Securities offered through Lion Street Financial, LLC (LSF) and Valmark Securities, Inc. (VSI), each a member of FINRA and SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through CapAcuity, LLC; Lion Street Advisors, LLC (LSF) and Valmark Advisers, Inc. (VAI), each an SEC registered investment advisor. Please refer to your investment advisory agreement and the Form ADV disclosures provided to you for more information. VAI/VSI, LSF and BDO Alliance USA are non-affiliated entities and separate entities from Fulcrum Partners and CapAcuity, LLC. Unless otherwise noted, VAI/VSI, LSF and BDO Alliance USA are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company, agency or government agency identified or referenced in this document.