Gus Comiskey, Jr. is President of Comiskey Kaufman Consulting, LLC and is a Managing Director with Fulcrum Partners. Fulcrum Partners recognizes Gus as an industry pioneer in designing and funding nonqualified executive benefit plans. Together with Stephen Kaufman, in 1978, Gus founded Comiskey Kaufman, Inc. After selling their organization to Clark Consulting in 2002, Gus joined Clark as a Managing Director in their southwest region. In 2007, Gus and Stephen elected to become independent consultants of Clark Consulting and later to join with other Clark Consultants in forming Fulcrum Partners. Gus and Stephen have a sub-specialty of working with high net worth individuals and family businesses in estate and business succession planning, particularly in underwriting their life insurance needs through Comiskey Kaufman Consulting, LLC.
Gus currently serves on the Executive Board of the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University, is on the Board of Visitors of M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, is on the Executive Committee of the Greater Houston Community Foundation, serves on the Board of the American Red Cross – Houston Chapter, and serves on the Board of Stewards at Chapelwood United Methodist Church.
- Houston CLU® Chapter, Member
- Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, Past President
- Texas Business Hall of Fame, Past Chairman
- American Red Cross, Past Chairman
- The Houston Lighthouse for the Blind, Past Chairman
- Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business – Board Executive
Degrees, Certifications, and Registrations
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 registered
- Harvard Business School, Continuing Studies
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Master of Business Administration
- Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Business Administration
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
Publications and Presentations
- Fulcrum Partners Houston Led by Executive Benefits Pioneers (April 27, 2017)